Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dr. Dre Gives Release Date & Guests For Detox Album

The first news on Dr. Dre's long awaited album, Detox, has finally came from the legend - Dr. Dre himself. Recently Dre talked to USA Today where he says "I'm just now -- over the last couple of months -- starting to feel that it's going to be right and it's something I can be proud of, and everybody is going to love it." After a six-year wait, Dre mentioned a possible release date saying "In a perfect world, I'm shooting for a November or December release."

    Dr. Dre even went on to talk about the drum work that is derived from live instrumentation saying "We have an entirely new thing going with the drums that's incredible, and we're still developing that." So, who will be on the album? Jay-Z, Lil Wayne and Nas are among the rappers who Dre tapped to appear on the album.

    What will happen after Detox? “...I’m going to put this record out, promote it, and then become a hermit,” Dre explains. “I’m going to stay in the studio and produce. All I want to do is sit in the studio with that person (a new artist) for a year and try to create another masterpiece.”

No comments: